Virtual tour of Red Lion, Westminster. Panorama of Red Lion, Westminster. Maps, travel, photos, videos.
Red Lion, Westminster
POI: 51.502078, -0.125680
The Red Lion is a Grade II listed public house at 48 Parliament Street, London SW1.
HistoryAs early as 1434, a tavern known as the Hopping Hall existed in this location. In the Victorian era, a pub called the Red Lion standing on this spot was visited by Charles Dickens as a young boy. The current building was erected in about 1890. It was visited by Prime Ministers Edward Heath, Winston Churchill and Clement Attlee. It is owned by Fuller's Brewery.
Nearby sights panorama
Ludgate Hill railway station (1945m)
Elephant & Castle tube station (1987m)
Princess's Theatre, London (1744m)
Norman Shaw Buildings (72m)
The Cenotaph, Whitehall (73m)
Harry Fainlight (73m)
New Scotland Yard (87m)
Portcullis House (102m)
Richmond House (106m)
Westminster tube station (129m)
Parliament Square (156m)
HM Treasury (157m)
Westminster Millennium Pier (171m)
New Palace Yard (177m)